So I got great reconfor tonight.
- ( laughs )- I'm so excited.
Jon: I brought in Maria Menounos and Keven Undergaro.
Narrator: Maria Menounos is a well-known film and television star
who cohosts the popular show, "Extra."
Maria's fiancé, Keven Undergaro,
a new media producer, is also a restaurant industry veteran.
Together, Keven and Maria cocreated
the entertainment-oriented podcast network AfterBuzz TV.
I want this to bethe most successfulrecon mission ever.
We can speakin Boston accents.
( Boston accent )You know, I really would likea wicked big plate of nachos
and somebuffalo fingers, please.
- Okay.- ( laughs )
I have three yearsin the bar business
and I have 10 yearsin the food serviceindustry.
We're big fansof "Bar Rescue,"big fans of Jon Taffer's,
and when he askedus to come do this,we jumped at the chance.
- We're all in.- Yeah, we're-- we're all in.
- Man: Yeah, I know.- Oh, I'm all in.
If this guy says "all in"one more time,
I'm gonna put my fistall in his -- mouth.
- We're all in.- Can you tell we're fansof the show?
Narrator: Keven and Maria enter Scoreboard,
a 4,000-square-foot space with a single bar
featuring two service stations
and a lone kitchen in the corner.
( Boston accent )Is someone sitting here?
Narrator: In addition to the cameras following the Scoreboard staff,
surveillance cameras have been placed around the bar
to capture Keven and Maria's recon.
They're waiting a whilefor any attention fromthe bartender.
Okay, so now we'reat one minute--they have no drink.
But they're getting the bar wiped down. That's a good thing.
Jon: Look at them staring at him and nothing is happening.
- He coulda said hello, asked them what they're having.- Mia: Yeah.
Even if you have a busy bar,you should always acknowledgethe guest.
- What can I get you guys?- I'll have a strawberrymargarita.
- Strawberry margarita.- Whiskey cola.
He made the wrong drink.That's not what she asked for.
This is supposed to bea strawberry margarita.
Oh, --. My bad.One second.
I've already made, like, five margaritas today,
- so it's in my head.- Oh, yeah.
"I've already made fivemargaritas" is not an excuse
as to why you don'tgive your guest whatthey asked for.
Jon: He pours it in with the ice in the stem glass.
And topped it with soda.What was that?
And what comeson the Sand Bluff?
- ( laughs ) Oh, Robert.- What?
Oh, thank you.We'll order the Sand Bluff.
I'm gonna getthe chili cheese fries, too.
Jon: Look at him puckering up.
It tasted likedirty dish soap.
( coughs )
Jon: So they're gonna microwave the chili.
- Did you see that?- Yep.
Oh, thanks. Can weget a couple of drafts?
Thank you.The cheese isn't melted.
The French friesare soggy.
We still have the samplercoming out, right?
- What's the ticket timeon this? It's been a while.- Eight minutes.
- I think I forgotto put that in.- Oh, no.
- He forgot to puttheir order in.- He forgot to put it in.
Mia: If they are responsible for leaving the bar to cook the food,
then who is taking careof the bar guests?
( sizzling )
Where'sall my bartenders?
This lovely gentlemanneeds some beers.
We're now at 11 minuteson that platter.
And normally a potato skin would be fried so it's crisp and then topped off.
- So, I'm guessing thisis gonna be very soggy.- Soggy.
Jon: Look at those wings.
- They're not crisp. You can see it.- Mia: Mm-hmm.
Um, the potatoes are raw.
- Keven: Yeah?- Maria: Yeah.
- God, it's raw.- Yeah, it's raw.
- It's raw.- Oh, that's gross.
Don't eat that, Keven.Don't eat that.
I can't let this go on.I'm going in.