Fortune 200 Waste Management, Inc. (www.wm.com) is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions and our 43,000 employees are deeply committed to environmental performance.
Our sense of mission and purpose are two things that we feel we have in common with the Armed Forces and why we seek out and embrace the experiences and qualifications that veterans bring to Waste Management. We believe a veteran can be as proud of their WM career as they are of their military service. We are committed to hiring 750 veterans and their spouses during the Commander in Chief's Challenge period (August 2011 to August 2013) and expect to hire nearly 2,000 veterans over next five years.
Waste Management, Inc. is consistently recognized as a leader in veteran outreach and continues to be ranked among top military employers in America. 3,500 hundred veterans work for Waste Management, Inc. (one in twelve) and for the past four years, we have averaged hiring at least one veteran every day. We hope you will consider joining us!
• Establishing a Priority Screening process for veterans
• Incorporating thoughtful veteran sourcing into overall sourcing strategy
• Full pay differential and continued benefits (including family) to reserve and guard employees activated to duty (full duration)
• Family support for activated employees (care packages, visits, employee relief fund access, etc.)
• Student veteran internships
• Partnerships with DOL/DOD resources
• 50+ military job fairs a year to include White House/National Chamber Hiring Our Heroes events
• Veteran professional network inside of WM
• Veteran employee on-boarding program Military page on career website: https://www.wm.com/careers/focus-on-candidates/transitioning-military.jsp