IT’S BEST TO ‘KNOW YOUR ENEMY’ ON THE NEW SEASON OF “INK MASTER”
STARTING TUESDAY, JUNE 23 AT 10 PM, ET/PT
Season Six Pits Masters vs. Apprentices In Their Quest To Win
$100,000, Editorial Feature In Inked Magazine &
Title Of ‘Ink Master’
New York, NY, April 28, 2015 – Spike TV’s hit original reality-competition series “Ink Master” returns for a sixth season starting Tuesday, June 23 at 10 pm ET/PT, and this time it’s best to ‘know your enemy.’ Eighteen tattoo artists from around the country will battle it out in permanent ink and sometimes with each other for a $100,000 grand prize, an editorial feature in Inked and, of course, the bragging rights title of ‘Ink Master.’ This season it’s not just about the rivalries the artists create during the competition, each contestant comes with their own personal tattoo rival – their master or apprentice.
Each week “Ink Master” puts artists through a series of tattoo challenges that are not only designed to test the artists’ technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, where they must create and execute an original tattoo by command on a ‘Human Canvas.’ Each episode focuses on a different and distinct style of tattooing including American traditional, Japanese, trash polka, anatomical and Victorian, among others. The masterpieces these artists create will last a lifetime, but so will their mistakes.
After every challenge, the contestants face a tough panel made up of series host Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction) and world renowned tattoo artists Chris Nunez (“Miami Ink”) and Oliver Peck (Elm Street Tattoo) who are joined by a roster of guest stars including Avan Jogia (“Tut”), Khaseem Greene (Chicago Bears), Tony Jefferson (Arizona Cardinals), Keith Pough (Cleveland Browns), Allen Robinson (Jacksonville Jaguars), Darius Slay (Detroit Lions) and Kamerion Wimbley (Tennessee Titans).
Once again the Human Canvases, who volunteer their bodies to be tattooed by the “Ink Master” contestants, will have a say in who gets sent home. The Canvases will form their own jury, deliberate as a group and pick one artist per episode who will be up for elimination. In the jury room, viewers get an inside look at the heated arguments and wicked emotions as the Canvases defend or abandon their new ink and artist.
The “Ink Master” Season Six tattoo artists are (listed in alphabetical order):
- Chris Blinston (@ChrisBlinston) – Owner/artist at No Hard Feelings in Coral Springs, FL
- Miami Burgess (@miami_burgess) – Artist at Skin Werks in Carrollton, GA
- Erik Campbell (@erikcampbelltat) – Owner/artist at Black Pearl Tattoo in Grand Junction, CO
- Big Ceeze (@biggceeze) – Owner/artist at Mi Familia Tattoo in Anaheim, CA
- Dave Clarke (@daveclarkestach) – Artist at Sacred-X-Pression in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Duffy Fortner (@duffyfortner) – Artist at Red Octopus Tattoos in Prince Frederick, MD
- Craig Foster (@skinwerks) – Owner at Skinwerks Tattoo in Carrollton, GA
- Ryan Hadley (@ryanhadleyink) – Owner/artist at Ryan Hadley Studio in Fort Wayne, IN
- Kito (@TattooKIto) — Owner/artist at Fidolo Tattoo in Tulsa, OK
- Kruseman (@davekruseman) – Owner at Oldeline Tattoo in Hagerstown, MD
- Marisa LaRen (@marisalaren) – Artist at Vatican Tattoos in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Marq (@saintmarqtattoo) – Owner/artist at New Breed in West Lafayette, IN
- Katie McGowan (@TattoosbyKatie) – Artist at Black Cobra Tattoo in Sherwood, AR
- MV (@tat2bymat) – Owner/artist at Blue Panda Tattoo in El Paso, TX
- Earl Noble (@theearlnoble) – Artist at Black Amethyst Tattoo Gallery in Saint Petersburg, FL
- Tyler Nolan (@_tylernolan) – Artist at Vatican Tattoos in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Matt O’Baugh (@mattobaugh) – Owner at Black Cobra Tattoos in Sherwood, AR
- Brian Stephens (@tat2bybry) –Artist at Dapper Ink Tatttoo in El Paso, TX
Viewers can find more on each artist including biographies, photo galleries, artwork portfolios and artist introduction videos by visiting inkmaster.spike.com. Throughout the season fans can watch full episodes and video clips, and are encouraged to join the conversation on social media using #InkMaster. The latest in tattoo culture and series news can be found on the official “Ink Master” Facebook page, on Twitter @spikeinkmaster, Tumblr and on Instagram @spikeinkmaster.
Last season was the most watched season of “Ink Master” to date, as well as the highest-rated among Adult and Women 18-49. In its Tuesday 10-11 PM ET/PT slot, “Ink Master” ranked among the top 5 among Persons 18-49 Men 18-49 and Men 18-34 and is currently one of Spike’s most gender-balanced programs. The series generated 11.8 million total Cross Platform Video Views during the season and the LIVE finale was ranked #1 on cable based on twitter activity.
“Ink Master” is produced for Spike by Original Media (“Swamp People,” “Comic Book Men,” “Dual Survival”) with Steven Weinstock, Glenda Hersh and Andrea Richter serving as Executive Producers. Original Media is a subsidiary of Endemol Shine North America.
Sharon Levy is Spike’s Executive Vice President, Original Series, Chachi Senior is Senior Vice President of Original Programming for Spike and oversees production of “Ink Master” and Tori Socha serves as the network’s Executive in Charge of Production.
About Original Media:
Original Media is a subsidiary of Endemol Shine North America and is run by Emmy award-winning producers Glenda Hersh and Steven Weinstock. Producing hundreds of hours of programming across unscripted and scripted television, digital media and feature film, Original Media has built a strong reputation for cutting-edge content and quality production. Hit series include “Swamp People,” “Dual Survival,” “Inkmaster,” “Comic Book Men” and “The Pool Master.” Original Media also produced the Academy Award-nominated films “The Squid and the Whale” and “Half Nelson.”
About Spike TV:
Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
# # #
Interviews with cast & judges available upon request.
Nicole Platt Spike TV 212-767-8855 firstname.lastname@example.org
Debra Fazio Spike TV 212-767-8649 email@example.com