History’s Most Notorious Warriors Go Into Battle
in “Deadliest Warrior: Battlegrounds”
On Xbox LIVE ARCADE
NEW YORK, N.Y., July 22, 2015 – 345 Games and Spike’s hit gaming franchise “Deadliest Warrior” returns to console today with ““Deadliest Warrior: Battlegrounds””. The newest title in the series brings the action-packed multiplayer madness of the hit first-person slasher, “Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior,” to Xbox 360. The game launches today on Xbox LIVE and retails for $14.99.
“Deadliest Warrior: Battlegrounds” features six of the notorious warriors from the Deadliest Warrior series and pits them against one another in all-out war. It is the first title in the series on console to feature multiplayer gameplay, allowing up to 12 warriors per battle, six game modes and the ability to customize every element of battle to determine which warrior is deadliest.
“We are excited to continue building out the Deadliest Warrior universe,” said Dan Yang, General Manager of 345 Games. “Fans of the series have always been vocal about wanting to test every battle scenario, and now they really can with the addition of the multiplayer experience on console.”
The game features six warriors, each with a unique combat style and weapons set.
- Spartan: A shielded warrior that excels when fighting in teams
- Ninja: A swift stealth warrior with good crowd control abilities
- Samurai: A versatile fighter with a broad arsenal of long range and melee weapons
- Pirate: An effective skirmisher with access to gunpowder weapons
- Viking: An all-out berserker that excels at overwhelming opponents at close range
- Knight: A tank with superior armor with high-impact weapons
Players go to war in six authentic environments with interactive elements.
- Acropolis: An Ancient Greek Temple City
- Bamboo Forest: A dark ninja village shrouded in mist
- Fortress Garden: Traditional samurai stronghold
- Ducat Isle: A pirate’s paradise complete with hidden treasure trove
- Fjord: A frigid Norse fishing port
- Fertile Valley: Medieval castle with siege weaponry
With extensive statistics, players can finally determine which warrior is deadliest. Battles can take place across six new game modes, which feature one-on-one combat, free for all, and capture the flag matches. Teams and warriors can be customized based on appearance, match types, customizable servers, taunts, and emblems – with some weapons and accessories only accessible after mastering a particular warrior’s technique.
“Deadliest Warrior Battlegrounds” is now available on XBOX 360 LIVE ARCADE for $14.99.
About 345 Games
345 Games is the video gaming arm of the Viacom Music and Entertainment Group, which includes Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, and Spike. Franchises include Deadliest Warrior, Ugly Americans, South Park, and Bellator.
Spike is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.