09 May 2013
Tattoo Nightmares Returns For Season 2 Starting May 28
SPIKE TV TURNS DISASTER PIECES INTO MASTERPIECES WITH A
BRAND NEW SEASON OF “TATTOO NIGHTMARES”
Back-to-Back Premiere Episodes Ink-Off Season Two Starting
Tuesday, May 28 at 10:00 & 10:30 PM, ET/PT
New York, NY, May 9, 2013 – Crazy ex-relationships, drunken dares and college nights are just some of the many instances where a fleeting decision can haunt you for the rest of your life, especially if it’s made permanent in ink. Spike is inking up for a new season of “Tattoo Nightmares” where real people with crazy, heartbreaking and sometimes hilarious stories behind their really bad tattoos seek out the help of some of the best tattoo cover-up artists in the business to fix them. Season two of “Tattoo Nightmares” kicks off on Tuesday, May 28 with back-to-back premiere episodes at 10:00 and 10:30 PM, ET/PT.
The stakes are high as regretful clients go under the needle a second time to see if one of the three expert artists at Tattoo Nightmares — Big Gus, Tommy Helm and Jasmin Rodriguez — can work a miracle and turn their disaster pieces into masterpieces. Through re-enactments, clients reveal the stories behind how their dreadful ink came to be.
Here are some of the tattoo nightmares our experts attempt to help this season:
• A suburban dad who woke up in the emergency ward in a bloody gown with no recollection of how he got “Thug Life” tattooed across his entire stomach.
• A Catholic schoolgirl who mistakenly got a satanic symbol inked on her.
• A middle-aged man with a tattoo of a topless woman that’s a painful reminder of a young gold-digger who conned him into paying for breast augmentation, only to dump him the day after surgery.
• A woman so blinded by love that she let her legally blind boyfriend tattoo her.
• A husband who admits to his wife that the tattoo he wants covered commemorates another woman.
• A man who paid for a lost bet by getting six nipples tattooed down his stomach, making him look like a female dog.
• A naïve college student who tried to make a quick $10K by getting a friend’s portrait tattooed on him, only to find out his friend wouldn’t pay up.
Fans are invited to join in the conversation on social media by following @SPIKETV on Twitter and use the hashtags #tattoonightmares and #tattoosday.
“Tattoo Nightmares” is produced by 495 Productions (“Jersey Shore,” “Friendzone,” “Nail Files,” “Repo Games,” “Snooki & JWOWW,” “The Show With Vinny”). SallyAnn Salsano and Joel Zimmer serve as Executive Producers. Chris Rantamaki is Spike’s Vice President of Original Programming and Jeff Savaiano is Director of Series Development for Spike and oversees production of “Tattoo Nightmares.”
Since its launch in 2006, 495 Productions has emerged as one of the television industry’s foremost production powerhouses. The company specializes in developing innovative, character driven non-fiction programming for network and cable. Veteran producer, SallyAnn Salsano is the founder and creative force behind 495 Productions. 495 became a globally recognized brand with the blockbuster hit series “Jersey Shore” – the highest rated series in MTV history. Additionally, the company currently produces “Fandemonium” (Syfy), “Friendzone” (MTV), “Snooki & JWOWW” (MTV), “Taboo” (National Geographic), “The Dirty South” (CMT), “The Show With Vinny” (MTV) among other projects.
Spike is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
# # #
Debra Fazio-Rutt Spike 212/767-8649 email@example.com