For many people, the prospect of buying a new car is a daunting process. The dealerships know this and use it against you to drive up the bottom line. Therefore, you need a solid game plan. In the video treatise below, an expert schools the masses in the art of negotiating with car dealerships when purchasing a new vehicle.
Some highlights, for your convenience:
1. Take your time. Two weekends, at least.
2. Get your own financing from your bank. The dealership will use financing against you.
3. Collect competitive bids from multiple dealers for the final drive-off price. Refuse the as-is trick.
4. Walk out if the deal changes.
5. Don't buy anything other than the car from the dealer. The prices will be grossly inflated.