Before the days of high definition, surround sound-blasting home consoles, people flocked to the arcades for their fix of maximum intensity gaming. Now, much like independent record stores, arcades are becoming an endangered species. But all is not lost! Now you have an opportunity to do something about it!
The makers of Stride gum have put together a contest in which you, the gamer, has the opportunity to save one of four independently-owned iconic arcade meccas from a grisly death. The rules are pretty straightforward:
1. Go to www.SaveTheArcades.com
2. Play "the most highly anticipated game in the history of time for arcade gaming enthusiasts" – Zapataur
3. Allocate your gaming points to one of four iconic video game arcades
4. The arcade that receives the most points will be awarded $25,000
7. Pat yourself on the back knowing you've saved an arcade...for a couple of months!
Source: Save An Arcade