I love those meeses to pieces. Except when I have to use civilian mice that aggravate my delicate fingers with their clunky response times and unacceptable two-button interfaces. Hewlet Packard, now, has three new, gamer-specific mice rolling out for the monitor-tanned, eagle-clawed online gamers among us. Click for deets.
Mouse #1: HDX Laser Mouse
The most pedestrian of the new mousse. It has, according to HP, 5 programmable button profiles, 6.4Mpixel/sec resolution engine at 500 reports/second. It also says it's 8x faster than conventional mice, but that seems like something that's determined by your finely tuned forearm muscles not the tool their attached to.
Mouse #2: Laser Gaming Voodoo Mouse
Seen at the header. This mosue has everything above plus Voodoo. Also known as HP's VoodooDNA GUI software. But, that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't legitimate voodoo magic in it also.
Mouse #3: Vector Mouse
Nobody knows, but it looks pretty doesn't it? All HP did was release a pic.
Plug and Play Performance
• Customize your mouse for an effortless gaming experience personalized to the way you play
Features & Benefits:
• 8x faster than conventional mice. Delivers blazing speed and instant acceleration
• Polytetrafluoroethylene Gaming Feet. Large, frictionless feet for effortless smooth glide
• High resolution engine churns images at an astounding 6.4Mpixels/sec. Large sensor array and precision laser technology allow the HDX Laser Mouse to deliver best-in-class performance and tracking
• 4 large Teflong feet, 3D racing rubber tire pattern scroll wheel
• Genuine Windows Vista® or Genuine Windows® XP
Warranty and Support:
• 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period
What's in the Box:
• 1 year limited warranty