Epic Samsung Galaxy S 4 Launch Event With Bruno Mars
by dsussman April 26, 2013 at 12:00AM | Views: 2,256
Samsung once again pulled out all the stops in launching their latest and greatest smartphone last night, debuting the Galaxy S4 at Cunard Hall in Manhattan's Financial District with hands on demos for those in attendance, a DJ set by Reverend Run of Run DMC, and capped with a special concert by Grammy® Award-winning recording artist Bruno Mars.
Truly one of the best smartphones released to date, the Galaxy S4 represents the next step in Samsung's mobile phone evolution. The device features:
- 5 inch, 1920x1080, full HD, AMOLED backlit screen
- 13 megapixel camera and powerful photo editing software built in, including the popular Best Face feature, Eraser Shot, which allows you to remove objects and would be photobombers from pictures, and Animation Shot, a GIF creator, among others
- Translation tools which allow users to speak a language into the device and have it translated audibly to another language, or holding the camera up to text, which the phone reads and converts to the language of your choice
- Air Gesture controls, allowing users to navigate their device without touching the screen
- The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS running on a quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM
Samsung also held product demonstrations for the amazing Galaxy Note II smartphone and Galaxy Note 8 tablet, with guests receiving prizes for showing off their skills with all of the amazing features packed into these devices.
After work came play, and those in attendance were warmed up by a DJ set by Reverend Run of Run DMC, before Bruno Mars took the stage. If last night was any indication, those set to attend his Moonshine Jungle World Tour, which kicks off in June, are in for one of the concert events of the year. Mars and a full band took the stage to run through a full set, performing hits from his own catalog, including "Billionaire," "Marry You," "Locked Out of Heaven," and "Just The Way You Are," and showing off his range, covering songs from Led Zeppelin, Bobby Brown, The Outfield, and Bel Biv Devoe.
The makers of The Next Big Thing are set to do big things in 2013, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 arriving in stores in the coming weeks.