RetroWerk Steampunk Compass Watches
The Retrowerk series of compass watches is appealing on several levels. They’re brassy and unnecessarily complicated looking as if they might run off of steam (it doesn’t say they don’t). Hit the jump for detail.
Here’s the specifications from Retrowerk:
- Case Diameter: 46 mm (excluding crown)
- Thickness: 24 mm (17mm without compass)
- Case Back: Screwed
- Glass: Hardened Mineral Crystal
- Strap: Water-repellent Genuine Leather
- Calibre: SWISS MADE Ronda 515.24 H –Quartz
- Water Resistant: 200m
- Special-Features: Detachable Compass Module (possible to unscrew), Screw Crown Cover with Pre-tensioned Lever, Time Display by Hour Disc ( 24hrs) instead of hands
- Case: Stainless Steel 316L – Worn Brass Finishing
They cost anywhere from $450 to $1000. But, I love how unfunctional they appear to be; they even don’t have watch hands. Ridiculous. They’re so turn-of-the-century manly, and they look like they might be just the piece if you’re, say, a British explorer on a haphazard journey to the heart of darkest Africa.