This is going to be RAW.
No fancy opening lines, or grand introductions here. I’m just going to get straight to the point, and let you know what we’re going to be doing with this blog.
I’ve been keeping an online journal on my personal website (evantanner.net), and other sites for years now. My goal was to give fans of MMA a candid, behind the scenes look at what it is to be a fighter, both inside and outside the ring. It was my way of trying to give a little back to the fans for everything they’ve done for me. When Spike.com decided to begin a similar project, they approached me with an offer to be a part of it. I’m honored by that, and I’m really glad to be here. I think we’re going t have a lot of fun.
The goal here, again, is to give all of you MMA fans out there a candid, no pretense, no show, no fluff, behind the scenes look at a fighter’s life. Of course I’m being compensated for writing this blog, but I’m not a Spike employee. Not that that would be a bad thing, but it is important that you know that I am independent, and what you read and see here, good or bad, is straight from me with no outside influence, nothing scripted, nothing staged. The following was taken from one of the emails from Spike regarding the blog.
- The main thing and the undeniable thing is that we want Evan Tanner on our site in an authentic and genuine manner. We (Spike) don't want to edit anything you do, NOR do we want you to feel we are guiding your blog in any way.
- From a tone standpoint and without sounding repetitive, the blog has to be authentic and raw. We hope you feel that you can be as opinionated and thought-provoking and honest as you want to be.
So there you go. This is going to be RAW. I won’t be pulling any punches. I’ll be telling you like it is. The fighting life isn’t all butterflies and rainbows. If you want to get a basic idea of what you’re going to see here, go check the journal on my website, www.evantanner.net It’s going to be a lot better here though. You know Spike’s going to help me do it up right with tons of picture and video content. Here’s a quick breakdown of what we plan.
I’ll be making two to three posts a week. Spike’s given me the freedom to talk about whatever’s on my mind, within reason of course.
- I’ll be giving training updates, with pictures and video footage, sparring sessions, technique sessions, and strength and conditioning sessions. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some behind the scenes footage in the dressing room before and after fights, and footage of everything else that goes on that’s never shown on the UFC event coverage.
- I’ll also be giving thoughts on upcoming events, and individual fights. And sometimes, I’ll be doing post fight reviews. I’m sure I’ll have a thing or two to say about developments with the UFC and the MMA world in general.
- I’ll be posting up pictures, videos, and stories of what’s going on in between training, and after fights, etc. There’s always something going on, riding the Harley cross country, or off-roading up in the mountains, going to the Playboy Mansion, etc. We’ll definitely keep it interesting.
That’s it for now. There aren’t too many rules here, so this could be a hell of a ride. Check back in the next couple of days. In my next post, I’ll be telling you a little bit of my history and who I am, so you can start getting to know who you’re taking this little journey with.