Even though they have notoriously denounced rock music in years past, the Vatican's newspaper, L' Osservatore Romano, recently published a list of their Top 10 Albums of All Time.
In a recent report by The Wall Street Journal, the piece by the Vatican's newspaper is "a semiserious guide" that offers an alternative to "mediocre and cheesy tunes" at popular Italian festivals. Whatever that means. Either way, the list of albums is actually pretty solid. I was honestly expecting a hell of a lot worse.
Here’s the list:
10. Supernatural – Santana
9. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? - Oasis
8. Achtung Baby – U2
7. Graceland - Paul Simon
6. Thriller - Michael Jackson
5. The Nightfly - Donald Fagen
4. Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
3. The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. If I Could Only Remember My Name - David Crosby
1. Revolver - The Beatles
Damn fine list. Next thing you know, they’re be covering Black Sabbath songs during Sunday Mass.
Photo: Pool/Getty Images