DEADLIEST WARRIOR AUGUMENTED REALITY SCAVENGER HUNT SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Deadliest Warrior Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, and the District of Columbia, who, at the time of entry, are able and prepared to document that they are at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Sweepstakes is not open to officers, directors, employees or agents of New 38th Floor Productions Inc. (the "Sponsor"), MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., Goldrun Corporation, or their respective parents, divisions, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Excluded Parties"), or any of their immediate family members (including, without limitation, spouse, parent(s), child(ren), sibling(s), and their respective spouses) or those living in the same households, whether or not related, of such individuals or those who have won a prize in any Sponsor or affiliated sweepstakes or contest during the year preceding the Entry Period (as defined below). The Winners (as defined below) must prove eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, whose decision shall be final and binding. Sweepstakes is and shall hereafter be subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Immediately upon entry, all entries become the property of Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned other than as herein described. By entering, each entrant (the "Entrant") acknowledges acceptance of and compliance with these official rules ("Official Rules").
2. TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes in one (1) of the following ways:
a) Enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period on-line by completing the Sweepstakes registration form available on the Internet via http://www.spike.com (the "Website"). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period shall be considered void. Use of a profane username or the submission of false or misleading personal information by an Entrant will be grounds for disqualification. Determination of information to be profane, false, or misleading is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; and/or
b) Enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period by submitting and tagging the photograph using the Goldrun app (the "Photograph"), in accordance with these Official Rules.
(i) Photograph must be submitted through the App as follows: Go to the Apple store and download the Goldrun App (there is no charge or fee to download the App) (the "App"). Once you take a photograph using the App follow the instructions to upload your Photograph. At the time of upload, you will be required to opt-in to enter the Sweepstakes, and if you aren't already registered, you will have to sign-up to become a registered user of Website (there is no charge or fee to sign up and register), and you will also be required to signify your agreement to the terms and conditions that apply to your registration – including those that apply generally to user generated content uploaded. Your Photograph must comply with all requirements set forth in this Section 2 and the Website. In the event these Official Rules conflict with the Terms of Service for the Website, these Official Rules shall apply.
(ii) Once you have uploaded your Photograph, you will need to tag your photograph on Facebook by adding @DeadliestWarrior to the image upload copy.
(iii) "Photograph" means an original photograph. The term "original" in these Official Rules means the Photograph was newly created by you, and is not copied, derived, translated, adapted or otherwise obtained or copied from anyone or anywhere else, regardless of the source, format or medium. Original also means that you, and no one else, have complete, sole, exclusive and unrestricted right, title and interest in and to the Photograph (including, without limitation, each and all of the underlying elements of the Photograph). If you cannot legally and properly represent to Sponsor that your Photograph is original, do not enter it into the Sweepstakes
(iv) Photograph must conform to the current policies and requirements that apply to MTV Network's programming material, including, but not limited to, MTV Network's "Standards and Practices Guidelines" and any special rules and requirements that apply to MTV Networks Internet/Web programming. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Photograph that does not conform to any of the foregoing requirements. The following policies and requirements are examples of those you must comply with when creating and submitting your Photograph. Your Photograph must NOT contain:
1. any person other than the Entrant in the Photograph;
2. any content which endorses or condones illegal drug use or alcohol abuse;
3. any nudity, profanity or violence;
4. any commercial endorsements, unless specifically permitted by these Official Rules;
5. any derogatory characterization of an ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group;
6. any display of physical injury, death or property damage or conduct or activity that could cause
physical injury or property damage or that is reasonably likely to do so;
7. any use (or display of use) of equipment, facilities or property in a manner not recommended or permitted by the owner or manufacturer or that would reasonably be considered unsafe;
8. any unauthorized use of a service mark, trademark, brand, copyrighted work or any other property, tangible or intangible, or location or place or that would otherwise not be considered your original work;.
9. any unauthorized use of a name, person, location, graphic, picture, photo, animation, character, real or fictional, or any other use which may violate any rights of publicity, privacy or any other right of a third party; or
10.any other conduct, activity, audio or visual display, language or other content which is or could be considered illegal, in violation of the rights of any other person, company or business or which, in the judgment and sole discretion of Sponsor, is deemed inappropriate for this Sweepstakes.
(v) Entrant hereby represents and warrants that: (i) Entrant has the full authority to submit the Photograph to the Sweepstakes; (ii) the Photograph is original with Entrant or has been fully cleared by Entrant, and that, to the best of Entrant's knowledge, neither the Photograph nor Sponsor's use of the Photograph will infringe upon or violate any rights of any person or entity, nor shall Sponsor be required to pay any sums to any person or entity as a result of Sponsor's use or exploitation of the Photograph; and (iii) Entrant has not assigned or licensed to any person, firm, or corporation or in any manner encumbered, any of the rights in and to the Photograph.
c) Enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period by submitting photograph using the Goldrun app (the "Photograph"), in accordance with these Official Rules.
d) Entrant may enter one (1) time per day during the Entry Period. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized e-mail account holder, which is defined for these Official Rules as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
1. Entry period commences 12:01 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), July 13, 2011, and ends 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), July 23, 2011 (the "Entry Period"). Four (4) winners (the "Winners") will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about July 26, 2011 (the "Drawing"). Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
2. Prize: Each Winner will receive one (1) of the following : (a) Deadliest Warrior: Legend videogame redemption code for Xbox; or (b) Conic-Con gift bag, including one (1) T-Shirt, one (1) poster and one (1) DVD (the "Gift Bag"). Winner shall be solely responsible for compliance with any and all federal, state and local taxes associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize as well as any and all expenses accrued in connection with the Prize not expressly described herein. All details for the Prize shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize is non-transferable. Substitution of the Prize, or any portion thereof, by the Winner is prohibited. No cash redemption permitted by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The approximate retail value of the Deadliest Warrior: Legend videogame redemption code for Xbox is Fifty Dollars ($50.00). The approximate retail value of the Gift Bag is Fifty Dollars ($50.00). The approximate retail value of all of the Prizes is Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).
THE PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
Arrangements for all Prize fulfillment to be made by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion on or before September 30, 2011.
5. Potential Winner Notification: During the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Drawing, Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to contact the potential Winner via the e-mail address provided on Sweepstakes registration form. If a particular potential Winner does not acknowledge receipt/acceptance of Prize notification within twenty-four (24) hours after e-mail notification is sent by Sponsor, or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential Winner will be disqualified without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible Entrants. Winner must, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification by Sponsor, prove eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, including verification of age and residence. In order for a potential Winner to be deemed the Winner and eligible for the Prize, the potential Winner will be required to: (i) sign an affidavit releasing Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury, death and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes, and/or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (ii) where permitted by law, granting Sponsor the right to use Winner's name, voice and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media whether now existing or hereafter invented, in perpetuity without additional compensation, and (iii) provide a signed affidavit of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and any and all legal documents which Sponsor may require (including a W-9 tax form) before being deemed the Winner. The Guest will be required to sign any and all legal documents which Sponsor may require, including but not limited to an affidavit releasing Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury, death and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes, and/or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof. No Prize will be awarded until such requirements are met.
The value of the Prize may be taxable as income and Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the Prize, including, but not limited to, compliance with all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the Prize. In the event (i) Winner chooses not to accept the Prize, (ii) does not comply with these Official Rules, or (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact the Winner or notification of Prize is undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate Winner which will be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible entries.
6. By entering, Entrant acknowledges acceptance of and compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements included herein. Sponsor and Excluded Parties are not responsible for entries that are illegible, incomplete, lost, delayed, mutilated and misdirected, or for typographical errors in the rules or any problems or technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to Entrant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials contained in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any manner. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website, and any entries received prior to the termination or cancellation will be included in the Drawing. Entries that have been tampered with or altered will be deemed void. The use of any system or agent to submit entries in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they deem to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND THEIR DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Immediately upon entry, all entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as herein described. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's advance consent to sign any and all legal documents which Sponsor may require. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All interpretations of the Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final.
8. For name of Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
New 38th Floor Productions Inc.
Final Destination Party and Sweepstakes
345 Hudson Street, 7th floor New York, NY 10014 Attn: Marketing Dept.
All requests for Winner's name and/or a copy of these Official Rules must be received by September 30, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage on all rules requests.
Sponsor: New 38th Floor Productions Inc., 345 Hudson Street, 7th Floor, New York, New York 10014.
† Please read our Terms & Conditions. © Copyright 2011 New Spike Digital Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.